Monday 15 October 2012

Sydenham End-to-End Hike

Hooray!!!  This weekend I completed my first Bruce Trail section hike.  The Bruce Trail is Canada's oldest, and longest footpath, running from Niagara to Tobermory, Ontario.  The Sydenham section is 170 km from the edge of Beaver Valley to Wiarton.  The trail follows the Niagara Escarpment along limestone cliffs overlooking beautiful Georgian Bay and surrounding forests, fields, and wetlands.  It is magnificent landscape!  This is my first major hiking ever, covering around 20 km daily over the course of two spring, and two autumn weekends.  I loved the scenery, the company, and my hot bath at the end of a long trail day.  I am very pleased with myself.  My goal is to hike the full 885km over the next two years.  The Bruce Trail and I are turning 50 years together.  What a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment